We can fine-tune your car
Diagnostic Service is a systematic and comprehensive external evaluation of the overall performance and condition of your transmission.
A trained technician will check the level and condition of your transmission fluid:
- A low fluid level may indicate a leak
- Contaminated fluid has water or particles in the fluid.
- Burnt fluid indicates damage from overheating.
- Varnished fluid has been overheated repeatedly.
- Normal fluid is reddish-brown and translucent, depending on transmission type, with
no particular odor.
- The technician will also check the level and condition of transfer case and differential fluid, where applicable.
- The technician takes your car on a road test, to experience first-hand any problems you have
noticed, and to evaluate your car’s performance.
- Your vehicle will be placed on a lift to inspect the controls under the vehicle for any possible
cause of the problem external to the transmission.
- Finally, the technician will scan the computer for trouble codes*.
From these tests, the expert transmission technicians at Interstate Transmission Company and Repair centers can determine what type of problem you might have, and make a recommendation for whatever service is necessary.